Finance, Loan, Debt and Credit.

February 10, 2018

What To Do Before the October 15th Tax Extension Deadline if You Need Tax Help for Unfiled Tax Returns or IRS Back Taxes

Filed under: Tax — Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , — admin @ 12:50 pm

If you filed for an extension to file your tax returns in April, your taxes must be filed by October 15. The worst thing in the world you can do is not file your income tax return on time because you don’t have money to pay what’s owed!  Here’s what you need to do, if this is your situation: File your tax return on or before October 15th and send it in with a money order or cashier’s check for $10.00.  This will ensure two hugely important things:

1.) It will take the IRS’s power away to assess a 25% failure to file penalty away, and 2.) it will create a computerized record at IRS that you filed on time and made a good faith and credible effort to pay something.

So those of your who have been procrastinating better wake up! And for anyone who can’t afford to pay your taxes come April 15th or October 15 – know that you’re not alone.  It’s a common problem and a lot of people end up in tax trouble because they don’t file their tax returns on time even with an extension because they don’t have the money to pay.

Here’s what you can do before the October 15 tax extension deadline if you have unfiled tax returns or IRS debt from back taxes:

•    Get a good tax attorney or tax resolution specialist. You are in dangerous waters here where only an expert tax resolution specialist or tax attorney can help you. To get the back taxes help you need, contact a tax attorney or tax resolution specialist. They are on your side. The IRS is not.•    You need a sense of urgency. If you haven’t filed your tax return before the April 15th deadline, you need to file for an extension using Tax Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File U.S. Income Tax Return. Not filing your taxes is the worst thing you can do because you can incur a 25% failure to file penalty right off the top.  Failure to file tax returns may be construed as a criminal act by the IRS, punishable by one year in jail and $10,000 for each year not filed.If you haven’t filed for this year, even after April 15th tax deadline you can still file for a tax extension using tax form 4868. A tax extension provides tax help because it can stop the “failure to file” penalty clock before it reaches the maximum. Get tax help from a tax attorney or tax resolution specialist if you’re tempted to file for October 15th tax extension after the April 15th deadline has passed. Only a tax attorney or tax resolution specialist can give you the tax help you need.•    You need to whip out your checkbook, even if you can only pay $5. The bad news is that even taxpayers who received a tax extension for filing are not granted more time for the payment of taxes owed and may need income tax relief.If you fail to pay your back taxes due, you will incur additional penalties for “failure to pay”. Any tax attorney will tell you that to avoid back tax penalties and interest, ideally you should pay 90% of your estimated taxes when you file your tax form 4868 on April 15th. To avoid additional back tax penalties, taxpayers should file by the deadline and pay as much as they can. You will still have a failure to pay penalty, but it’s much less.Our tax attorneys tell our tax relief clients that no matter how much is owed, if they enclose a check for $5 or $10 for back taxes with the return and file it on time, that’s going to give them tax help instantly because: 1) Filing cuts down on the failure to file penalty, so you take that 25% penalty off the table.

2) Writing a check for your back taxes creates a record at IRS that says you actually filed on time and they have to post that $5 or $10 back taxes check to your account.  •   You need to discover quickly whether you owe the IRS more back taxes or you’re due for a refund. If you overestimated your back taxes in April and paid the IRS too much, then you’ll get a tax refund as soon as you file your full 1040 tax return, hopefully long before the October 15th tax extension deadline.•   You may need tax software to discover your IRS debt from back taxes. By October all those discounted tax software boxes offering tax help will be long gone. A tax attorney and tax resolution specialist will have the software you need going back a decade to calculate both state and federal taxes. If you owe back taxes for more than one year, a good tax attorney or tax resolution specialist may be your only shot at getting the tax help you need. •   You need to get your paperwork in order. Filing an October 15th tax extension means you have more time to collect the final paperwork you need. If you have been the victim of a financial crime, a good tax attorney can go back and file amended returns that can drastically improve your back taxes problem. •    You need to act quickly or the IRS will. If you don’t file a tax return by the October 15th tax extension deadline, the IRS may file one for you. If you don’t get tax help from a tax attorney, the IRS may prepare a “Substitute For Return” for delinquent taxpayers. It’s important to file a tax return as well as any prior delinquent tax returns as soon as possible to save money and avoid significant long-term consequences. Get professional tax help from tax attorney so that you get all the tax relief you’re allowed. •   If you owe back taxes for more than one year, all your prior tax returns must be filed to be eligible for income tax relief. All back tax returns must be filed before the IRS will entertain any type of tax settlement.•    You need to realize that this is your last chance. Can you file for an extension past the October 15th tax deadline extension? Not a chance. The IRS will occasionally extend an extension beyond October 15th for a class of people who have suffered a natural disaster. If your home wasn’t destroyed by a hurricane, then your chances of getting a tax extension beyond October 15th are about the same as winning the lottery. The good news is that with an experienced and professional tax attorney or tax resolution specialist, you have a real hope of resolving your back taxes and IRS problems if you act now. I believe there’s tax help for every problem. For a delinquent taxpayer, it’s never too late to resolve your tax debt and avoid IRS penalties. For more information on achieving a tax resolution for your unfiled tax returns or back taxes, visit for a free tax relief consultation or call 866-IRS-PROBLEMS.

Michael Rozbruch is one of the nation’s leading tax experts. A Certified Tax Resolution Specialist (CTRS), licensed CPA and the founder of Tax Resolution Services. He helps individuals and small businesses solve their IRS problems and is dedicated to educating the public on tax planning and other strategies for managing their personal and business finances.

January 8, 2018

Form 4868: Top Five Reasons to File an Extension For Your Personal Tax Return

Filed under: Tax — Tags: , , , , , , , — admin @ 12:47 am

Looking for a reason for put off until October 15 what you can do on April 15? Do you need some encouragement to join America’s largest group of procrastinators? Then read on to discover five good reasons to join millions of other loyal American taxpayers who legally file their tax return late, without any late filing penalties and without being harassed by the IRS.

Reason 1: It’s free. It won’t cost you a dime to file Form 4868. Well, it’s almost free. If you file Form 4868 by snail-mail, it will cost you a whopping 42 cents.

Reason 2: It’s automatic. You don’t have to have a good reason, a bad reason, or any reason at all. Just send in the form and that’s all there is to it. No need to come up with some lame excuse like “My dog ate my W-2.”

Reason 3: It’s relaxing. Remember how you’ve spent April 14 or April 15 in previous years? It’s way past your bedtime, coffee pot still brewing, an opened bottle of Tylenol on top of your calculator, papers strewn all over your desk, receipts everywhere. Is this anyway to prepare your tax return? Of course not. Do you really need another source of stress in your life? File the extension and now imagine what you’ll be doing on April 15 while thousands of frantic taxpayers are stuck in traffic at their local post office; instead, you’ll be working in your garden or reading a good book, because you’ve got all summer to finish your return.

Reason 4: It’s easy. As tax forms go, this is one of the easiest tax forms to complete. You put in your name, address and social security number – and you are already halfway done! Only four more lines to go: an estimate of your 2008 tax liability, the total amount of 2008 tax payments (from W-2 or 1099 withholdings and/or quarterly estimated tax payments), any balance due, and the amount you are paying with the form. A tax form can’t be any easier than that.

Reason 5: It’s fast. You can use your tax preparation software program to e-file Form 4868. Talk about fast. You push the Enter button on your keyboard and the data gets transmitted to the IRS in a nanosecond. You’ll then receive an electronic confirmation from the IRS after the form has been processed and accepted. If you use a tax professional to prepare your return, he/she should be able to e-file the form for you, and since no signature is required on this form, getting it done quickly can take as little as a 5-minute phone call.

Wayne M. Davies is author of 3 ebooks on small business tax reduction strategies. For a free copy of his Special Report “How To Instantly Double Your Deductions”, visit .

November 26, 2017

Form 4868: Should You File An Extension For Your Personal Income Tax Return?

Filed under: Tax — Tags: , , , , , , , — admin @ 12:47 am

April 15 is fast approaching but there’s no way you can get your personal income tax return done by then. What’s a procrastinator to do? File an extension, of course.

But perhaps you are wondering whether this is the best option for you. Read on to find out.

You can automatically extend the April 15 due date to October 15 by filing Form 4868, “Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.” So now you have six more months to file your personal income tax return.

The nice thing about Form 4868 is that simply filing this form grants an automatic, no-questions-asked 6-month extension. You don’t have to have a reason. Just sending this form to the IRS on or before April 15 gets you the extra six months.

But here’s another important point about Form 4868: This 6-month extension is NOT an extension to pay any tax you may owe on the tax return. Form 4868 only grants an extension of time to file the tax return.

So, if you usually get a refund on your personal tax return, you are OK. But, if you think you might have a balance due, or if you are not sure, then you should go ahead and prepare the return to the best of your ability, do the calculations, and see where you stand.

If you are getting a refund, great. If you’re not in a hurry to get the refund, then file the extension form and wait until October 15 to send in the return. But if you have a balance due on the return, then you should send in your balance due with Form 4868. That way you avoid any penalty and interest for late payment of tax.

When October 15 rolls around, you send in the return, showing the Form 4868 payment as a credit. The end result is this: you paid your tax on time (April 15), and you filed your tax return legally late (October 15) because you filed the extension form on time.

Obviously, the key here is whether or not you have a balance due on your return. If you have a balance due, but don’t send in the payment with Form 4868, then you will have penalty and interest charges for paying the tax after April 15.

Bottom line: Do not overlook the fact that Form 4868 does not grant you an extension of time to pay the tax. It only gives you an extension of time to file the return.

Wayne M. Davies is author of 3 ebooks on small business tax reduction strategies. For a free copy of his Special Report “How To Instantly Double Your Deductions”, visit .

April 5, 2015

What Everyone Should Know About Applying For A Tax Extension

Filed under: Tax — Tags: , , , , , — admin @ 12:47 pm

If for any reason you are unable to complete your federal tax return by April 15th, you can apply for an extension. There are some catches, of course (it is the IRS, after all). The extension gives you extra time to file the paperwork, but you still have to pay any money that you expect to owe and send your check along with the extension request, which is Form 4868. And it all has to arrive to the IRS address for your state or region on time.There are really a few different ways (let’s say three) for taking advantage of this extension. Read about them here, and investigate the matter for yourself, before deciding on the best option for your particular situation. If you have an involved or problematic return, you just might require more help than one of the regular services can provide. Consider consulting a CPA or tax specialist, and don’t wait until the last minute to do so.Online and offlineThe first way is by using one of the filing services, such as TurboTax or H&R Block. They have online and offline tools for figuring your tax, so that you can then apply for the extension. They will also advise you (although you can find the same information elsewhere) as to how to pay by check or credit card, and tell you about the various state extension requests, should you need one.You can also visit, call or log on over the Internet to take advantage of the extension through what is called a “service provider.” The Official Payments Corporation is perhaps the best known of these providers, all of which will charge a “convenience fee” that is a percentage of the tax payment you are making. Choose the service provider that suits you best, adhere to all of their instructions, pay any amount owing before April 15th and file your return by October 15th.Go it aloneYou can also just print the form out, fill it in by hand, write a check and mail it all in yourself. When you get IRS Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File (downloadable from the IRS, or available at banks and post offices), you should read it in its entirety and refer to online or offline information for how to complete it. When you know what to do, you will then fill out the form and mail it off to the IRS address given for your state.If you are going to owe money on your federal taxes, you must include the payment with the form and have it postmarked by April 15th. If you do not include a payment and you do have taxes due, you will most likely have to pay penalties and interest, despite having filed for an extension. After this first step in April, you will have six months to complete and file your return, making sure it is postmarked on or by October 15th.Be careful and attentiveNaturally, if the IRS considers your estimated tax liability to be unrealistic, or “unreasonable,” they can simply disallow any extension and begin assessing penalties and adding interest to what will now be a “late filing.” And if you happen to underestimate your taxes, willfully or carelessly, you’ll end up paying interest on the amount you did not remit by April 15th.The IRS has established something of a “sliding scale” for smaller errors. If, for instance, you pay under 90 percent of the tax owing, you will be charged a penalty of ½ of a percent of that underpaid sum for each and every month the balance remains unpaid. So if you send $600 on April 15th but your completed return shows you actually owe $1,000, you will be assessed ½ percent per month on that underpaid $400 that is now considered past-due. This comes to about $2 a month, and will be accrued until the balance is marked “paid in full.”Other considerationsIf you are filing U.S. taxes but live outside the United States, you need a different form for requesting an extension, which is IRS Form 2350, Application for Extension of Time To File U.S. Income Tax Return. If you think you may need special tax treatment or are unsure about your tax liability, you should refer to IRS Publication 54, Tax Guide for U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad. After reading this publication, you may need to direct further, more involved questions to the IRS directly, or to your tax advisor.Also, you should make note of the fact that state tax extension guidelines and procedures vary. For up to date, detailed information concerning state extensions, filing deadlines, interest and penalties, and mailing addresses, consult your state tax agency or head online to a tax expert’s site and do some research. The one thing you can count on is that government, at every level, will do its best to make clear what your tax responsibilities are, as the income tax is an important source of revenue.

September 15, 2014

If You Haven’t Done These 16 Things, You Better File For An Extension On Your Taxes

Filed under: Tax — Tags: , , , , , , , , — admin @ 12:47 am

To help you with your tax returns here is a summary of the 2010 Tax cost savings tips that you should keep in mind when filing your taxes.  If you go over this list and think you may be missing some of your tax breaks, it would be a good time to file an extension so that you can claim all your savings.  If you are looking for more details about each of these tips you can find them at our money clip savings blog.

1) Don’t overpay property tax – house values are down, taxes should be down.  Check with your county to have your property assessed and potentially lower your tax rate.  Also, remember to take the appropriate property tax deductions.

2) Know when to File your own taxes – If you are using the EZ form, it’s probably worth doing your taxes yourself.

3) Make sure you get appropriate tax credits – check out the complete list of savings at

4) Take advantage of healthcare and childcare spending accounts – for things you are going to spend money on anyway, don’t pay full price.  Make sure you get the tax credit you are entitled too.

5) Check the number of deductions on your W4 – lots of people like getting money back so they claim too many deductions and while they do get money back, they have basically been loaning money to Uncle Sam all year.

6) Pay taxes on time or file deferral – Make sure you pay on time or defer so that you won’t pay penalties.

7) Contribute to a 401K Plan – This is the best deal in town, yet many people don’t contribute.  Contribute to your companies plan to the max if at all possible.

8) Deduct Business Expenses – Save your Receipts – Many times we are so busy that we don’t save business receipts that could save us money.  Take a shoe box and drop receipts in it so that you have them when you need to use them for deduction purposes.

9) Income < $57K, get FREE tax preparation.  No such thing as a free lunch, but there is free filing for those earning under $57K 10) If you can not freefile then efile – efile saves time.  Saving time saves money.  Try it. 11) Remember your many house deductions – Your house is a little pot of tax savings monies.  Make sure you look thoroughly at everything you can claim on your house 12) Take the Earned Income Credit if You Only Worked a Little –  If you only worked a bit, check out the Earned Income Credit. 13)  Tax Credits for College – New breaks for college, up to four years. 14)  2010 Haiti Donation Deduction – If you contributed to charities in Q1 2010, you can deduct the monies on your 2009 tax returns.  This is unusual.  Take advantage of it. 15)  Don’t miss out On 2009 popular tax breaks.  There are many one time tax breaks and credits for home efficiencies and green living.  Make sure you are getting the credit you are due. 16)  Don’t forget to take your losses.  For the many who’ve lost money in the market.  Don’t forget you can right off $3K/year These tax savings tips brought to you by Crazy 4 Money Clips.  Crazy4MoneyClips brings consumers money savings tips in order to help them save money and keep it in their money clip.

June 10, 2014

Federal Tax Extension For Busy Executives

Filed under: Tax — Tags: , , , — admin @ 12:47 am

March 9, 2014

Introduction of Extension Tax

Filed under: Tax — Tags: , , — admin @ 12:46 pm

About is prominent tax efile software certified and authorized by IRS as their e-file partner. Our tax efile software enables efficient filing of tax extension supported by Rich expertise of industry leaders and Tax & e-filing. is a product of Think Trade Inc which is an e-filing industry leader since 3 years. Our electronic tax filing facilities are User-friendly, and simple to use.

Special Features of

Products of is excellent tax extension software that supports three major federal tax forms. They are Federal tax form 7004, Federal tax form 8868, and Federal tax form 7004. Our major products include:


Tax 7004

Form 7004 is used for Automatic Extension of Time to file Certain Business Income Tax, Information and Other Returns. is leading e-file tax preparation software for federal tax form 7004. Federal tax preparation for form 7004 is made easy by means of our efficient tax return services. Our tax return software offers tax preparation advice and tax preparation help by means of online tax advice from tax professionals. e file tax return with our tax return software to enjoy maximum benefits. Our tax experts provide federal tax help for federal tax form 7004 in a highly efficient manner

Tax 8868

Form 8868 is used for Application for Extension of Time to File an Exempt Organization Return. is efficient tax preparation software for e-file tax preparation of federal tax form 8868. Online tax preparation for form 8868 has been made very simple and quick by our tax return preparation services. Our tax planning services provides tax advice and tax help with features like tax calculator. Our tax software professionals provide relentless customer support by online tax preparation live chat facility. Federal tax return and tax return refund are made really fast with our tax software. IRS electronic tax filing is a cake walk with our efficient tax services.

Tax 4868

Form 4868 is used for Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return. is an online portal authorized by IRS for e-filing provision of form 4868. There are a lot of value-additions and benefits to users. Federal Tax Form 4868 is a requisition for an automatic extension of time to file a U.S. individual income tax return.



October 27, 2013

IRS tax extension online – More time for tax returns

Filed under: Tax — Tags: , , , , — admin @ 12:47 am

Do not worry about your tax return preparation time or find another option for more deadlines for submission of tax return for 2009?

It has warned that only an IRS tax form on file extension and other deadlines for tax returns for 2009. The IRS tax extension gives you more time for the 2009 tax return hidden files and no additional cost or any kind of punishment. The IRS offers an opportunity to give relief inIncome tax period, if for some reason do not limit your tax return in time for April 15, paid offers, this form, you can limit the increase of your time.- Irs debt relief

Some files taxes a bit ‘too late. How do you ask, they fill out an extension of federal income tax. Now, thanks to the improvement of know-how, extension forms of taxable income, at federal or state, which are all available online. community more and more each year were in line switchingThe process of applying the tax because it will save time and money for both.- Irs debt relief

All people every year more and more, the majority of companies work hard, pay taxes. Many people fail to limit their tax return on time and file a term for this, but now available to use. If this is the case, then they should fill it. Many questions would Rush through his mind, how much, how and where can I file them callsome of them. Fortunately, there is a solution, such as an assistant professional online tax. Now that many are online, there are services every possible extension of the Federal Tax Deposit of State taxes, which have much faster and cheaper, the customer benefit and have READ MORE

August 26, 2013

Filing Irs Tax Extension Form Online – E-File Your Tax Return Extension

Filed under: Tax — Tags: , , , , , — admin @ 12:47 pm

Though filing tax return is not difficult, most people miss the tax filing deadline. You do not have to worry about getting penalized for late filing. Now you can file IRS tax extension form online and extend the deadline from April 15th 2009 to October 15th 2009. It is quite simple process and you can avoid the rush of April 15. Please note that you are getting extension for filing your return, you are not getting extra time for paying your due.

When you e-file your tax return extension, you will have a considerable time for preparing and filing your return. You do not necessarily have to consult a tax professional. You can have enough time to collect necessary information and documents that may be helpful while you do filing task online. But you cannot afford to waste your time thinking that you are getting sic month your extra time. You need to start doing your task right away as soon as you send your online tax extension, otherwise, once you miss the opportunity then you will have tough time for requesting the other 6 month extension.

You will need to file IRS tax extension form 4868 for getting extension period. Suppose, even though you owe taxes and cannot pay, please note that the failure to pay penalty is only .5% per month, whereas the failure to file penalty is around 5% of the amount owed per month. If you choose to file income tax extension, you will get around that un-filed penalty until October 15th.

If you wish to get tax extension deadline or would like to extend your tax filing deadline, you need to send your documents online by April 15th. You can have nominal interest charges on your tax amount and for that, do your best estimate of taxes you owed. One of the best things is to pay online which is easier, faster and safe.

Older Posts »

Powered by WordPress